Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pothole Update

I received my May Newsletter yesterday from CM Reich, and hallelujah it talks about potholes, and what Minneapolis is doing to fix them.  I'd like to thank CM Reich for voting in the funds to help solve what I'd like to call a crisis.

As you are probably aware, May also brings another month of potholes. Due to specific weather conditions that occurred this past winter, the pothole season is worse than usual this year. In response to the high volume of needed work, the City Council in April approved an additional $500,000 to double the number of repair crews for a 6 to 8 week period this spring.
First Ward residents who want to report potholes now have three options: call 311, go online at www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/311 or call the Ward One office.
So I was wrong, I thought it was a million dollars additional added to the 'pothole fund' but $500,000 is still a pretty nice number.  Doubling the number of crews should mean that I see Industrial Blvd, and Broadway fixed up here soon.  The potholes are actually starting to resemble rock quarries. 

Anyways, you can bet that I've called 311, and I will also be going online to report the potholes.  I'm thinking of maybe taking some pictures as well just to really drive home the point.  Or perhaps I'll just send in the bill I get from the mechanic for an alignment...Nah, I think I'll just keep fightin' the good fight by going through the proper channels, and not pissing anybody off.

No comments:

Post a Comment