Friday, April 9, 2010

New Owner for Block E

I'm happy to report that Block E has a new owner (almost).  Bob Lux, the developer of Grant Park and the Carlyle has signed a purchas agreement to take over 213,000 sq ft of the Block E building (excludes Graves 601).  I think by having somebody that actually lives in Minneapolis owning this building we will see a pitch to get tenents that make sense.  Now that Target Field is open, and attracting thousands of people to the area it could actually work out.

I'm hopefull that Mr. Lux doesn't make the mistake that the previous developers made by brining in mediocre tenents.  I look forward to seeing a multitude of fun and trendy shops and restaurants open in the space.

One question that I have.  Didn't Bob Lux also try to open the Pinnacle in St. Paul?  Did that thing ever get built?

No comments:

Post a Comment